As digital marketing continues to evolve, one form which is increasingly becoming more valuable is content marketing. There are many different types of content marketing, but before we jump into that, let’s review why it’s important:
What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is really about providing valuable information or content to current and potential customers for the purpose of building trust, branding, awareness, and positive sentiment.
Content marketing falls under the goals of inbound marketing because it ultimately attracts your potential customers and nurtures relationships with your existing customers.
Types of Content Marketing
- Blog Posts
- Guest Posts
- Case studies
- Email newsletters
How to Execute an Effective Content Marketing Strategy
The biggest benefit of producing rich content tailored to your target customer base is it allows your business to create assets that grow in value over time. In addition, great content doesn’t have an expiration date. Which means if it’s done right, it can indefinitely fuel awareness for your brand and build social currency.
On a side note, unlike traditional advertising, content lives on the web and if it’s picked up search engines, then you’re growing your digital footprint.
To wrap this post up, I’ve included some compelling facts about why content marketing is important.
Facts About Content Marketing:
- B2B Marketers with a content marketing strategy are 600 percent more likely to be effective
- Two-thirds of B2B Marketers without a content marketing strategy are creating more content now than they did in the previous year
- The No. 1 metric for content marketing measurement is web traffic
- Only 44 percent of B2B marketers have a documented content strategy
- B2B companies that blog generate 67% more leads per month than those who don’t. (Social Media B2B)
So are you “content” with your content marketing strategy?